Heath ' s 150 tall build

I think I'm gonna have problems with my malanarus wrasse Hmmmmmm. How to catch that dude.
 
If you gently feed your fish via net all the time they get used to it and won't run from it. This makes it easier to catch them in the future when ya need to
 
Yah sounds like a great idea except I don't have time for all that ever. Also I think my tang being so active stresses out my rabbit fish. Idk might have to trade him in for another one that isn't so shy. Kinda weird.
 
So I made a deal. Trading my rabbit for a kole tang. Kole should be alot happier in my tank.
 
Small kole for a large rabbit. Idk. Lfs trying to suck me in lol. Keep me from buying stuff online.
 
Look at this big old snail tounge! Lol.
 

Attachments

  • 1406517014302.jpg
    1406517014302.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 127
  • 1406517025761.jpg
    1406517025761.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 128
So I found a oceanic 110g on craigslist for 200 bucks with stand thinking about selling my tank and putting up this thing instead.... opinions would be great!
 

Attachments

  • 1406586725465.jpg
    1406586725465.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 155
Yah it's a reef ready. Duel overflows 1" and also duel 3\4" returns. I guess oceanic ' s are like the caddies of tanks. Not starfires but really nice. I'll see Thursday what's up.
 
If I remember correctly, I think it'll have about, if not the same footprint as your 150. Just not the depth. Personally I don't care to deal with any tank deeper than 24". They get pretty cumbersome. And yes, Oceanics are usually really nice tanks :)
 
60 x 18 x 24 tall. Yah much better. My tall would be cool for someone just not me. Lol
 
So I made a deal with a lfs for a very respectable amount of credit on my this 150 tall tank, my sump, and the glass holes overflow! Picking up the 110 Thursday and will be doing the transfer hopefully this weekend! Need to build a sump and get rocking all new stuff! Well half new.
 
That's great, I'm happy for you! 24" depth is still deep but nothing like you had lol. I used to hate my 100g hexagon for that very reason!

I'm busting butt at the moment too. When my husband comes home this weekend he is going to turn my tank on its side so I can reseal it, then back up before he leaves again in 3 days :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new