HEEEELPPPP

irescuedogs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just came down to see one of my clowns with Witt one of the bottom fins missing and one on the side all tore up!! He isnt using the fin much breathing isnt too crazy but he’s having a tough time swimming but still staying afloat! Parameters are normal I only have one other clown with him that doesn’t show any aggression they are inseparable! What is going on how do I help him!!!! Please help me!!!

EA2D593B-1401-47EE-9631-2ACBD9738A0C.jpeg B2E103BF-27CD-4B01-A126-AC9ED3B8D5FE.jpeg 2D44B18D-783B-4F99-9C5E-E90A4BF6464C.jpeg

OP
OP
I

irescuedogs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They haven’t shown any signs of aggression towards each other since theybe been together!! They had an instant bond they dont leave each other sides I’ve been watching them for over an hour straight and not one sign of aggression

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe power head accident? Mine love swimming near it.
That white patch on the side, is it physical damage?
honestly I would get him eating ASAP and watch for aggression. sorry man...

OP
OP
I

irescuedogs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe power head accident? Mine love swimming near it.
That white patch on the side, is it physical damage?
honestly I would get him eating ASAP and watch for aggression. sorry man...
I feel so helpless right now I can’t tell what it is it looks like it is and one of his bottom fins is gone and now out of nowhere the other clown is breathing g really heavy and having a hard time staying afloat I don’t get it what the heck is happening

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
E79F1067-EFBF-49D5-AD3F-D1E4FEAF35A9.jpeg

Look through these and describe what you see to us:

OP
OP
I

irescuedogs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
E79F1067-EFBF-49D5-AD3F-D1E4FEAF35A9.jpeg

Look through these and describe what you see to us:

Kind of looks like brooklynella but the fins are frayed and tore up

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kind of looks like brooklynella but the fins are frayed and tore up

If it's brook, there could be a secondary infection happening as well. You need to treat it quickly as it can kill fast.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
That is quite a bit of aggression damage. Place aggressor in: sump, acclimation box for about 2 weeks and move scaping arond a little so that when returned, the tank is less than familiar.

OP
OP
I

irescuedogs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is quite a bit of aggression damage. Place aggressor in: sump, acclimation box for about 2 weeks and move scaping arond a little so that when returned, the tank is less than familiar.
I really don’t think it’s from aggression I’ve been watching them for over 2 hours and there hasn’t been any aggression or signs of it there never has been they’re really bonded

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I really don’t think it’s from aggression I’ve been watching them for over 2 hours and there hasn’t been any aggression or signs of it there never has been they’re really bonded
Those fins are not fin and tail rot and are positively shredded and has what looks like bites marks whereas the other clown looks normal.
If the skin looks milky/slimy. . . you may have brook which warrants a freshwater change and a series of formalin baths.

OP
OP
I

irescuedogs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those fins are not fin and tail rot and are positively shredded and has what looks like bites marks whereas the other clown looks normal.
If the skin looks milky/slimy. . . you may have brook which warrants a freshwater change and a series of formalin baths.
How do I do all that? I’m new to all this. The other clown is also breathing heavy and having a hard time staying afloat I feel so helpless!

OP
OP
I

irescuedogs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Disease would be a progression issue, you state just found damage.
Looks like a fight to me.
It literally happened overnight m. I just have such a hard time believing they got into it because of how bonded they are!! They e never showed any signs of aggression towards each other ever

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
It literally happened overnight m. I just have such a hard time believing they got into it because of how bonded they are!! They e never showed any signs of aggression towards each other ever
Clean bucket - freshwater same temp as aquarium. Allow to swim up to 5 mins
Add general cure or ruby rally pro which is formalin based daily for 5-7 days.
as for breathing. . . add oxygen via airstone and check your ammonia and nitrate levels to assure theyre not high.
This happening overnite can and does happening. They also do this during pairing but this looks like a little more than a pairing issue

reefingBeAmazin22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
coming from a person who experienced almost this exact same thing, I sent pictures and everybody was saying aggression, but trust me, it’s not, it looks like bite marks but it’s Brooke, I think when you get Brooke and then secondary fin rot, it’s not really fin rot, I think it’s almost like it’s whole different thing, the fins come out in chunks, now the best thing to fix it is to use 37% formalin, I personally just use lavatory grade 37% formalin and it actually works pretty good, put 12 drops of it per gallon for a bath and leave him in there for about an hour, but the formalin will deplete the oxygen so like put a powerhead aiming up or something, if it takes awhile to get to ur house just do 5 min freshwater dips each day or every other day, idk I’m not an expert on this

OP
OP
I

irescuedogs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
coming from a person who experienced almost this exact same thing, I sent pictures and everybody was saying aggression, but trust me, it’s not, it looks like bite marks but it’s Brooke, I think when you get Brooke and then secondary fin rot, it’s not really fin rot, I think it’s almost like it’s whole different thing, the fins come out in chunks, now the best thing to fix it is to use 37% formalin, I personally just use lavatory grade 37% formalin and it actually works pretty good, put 12 drops of it per gallon for a bath and leave him in there for about an hour, but the formalin will deplete the oxygen so like put a powerhead aiming up or something, if it takes awhile to get to ur house just do 5 min freshwater dips each day or every other day, idk I’m not an expert on this
That’s what I thought it was too I have a really hard time believing that it’s aggression I have never once seen then show any aggression towards each other at all since the second I put them together they haven’t left each other’s side they’re obsessed with each other and now the other clown is new thing heavy and having a tough time staying afloat. Did your fish have chunks missing overnight ? Like I out of nowhere

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 41 51.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back