Height of baffles for sump

vasilithegreek

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 13, 2010
Messages
41
Reaction score
1
Location
chicago
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im using a 40 breeder so 36" x 18" x 16" I was going to go skimmer/return/fuge but am not sold yet. My skimmer effective height is around 8" as was planning on building a stand for the skimmer to get maximum volume in the tank.

-So what would you guys recommend the height be for all the baffles?
-what distance would you consider each compartment?
-would using some kind of plexi be fine for the baffles?
 
BUMP for you!
 
Thanks for the bump! And thanks for the quick response. I wasnt to sure where I should have posted that question.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new