Hello all from Newnan,GA (Atlanta area)...

Nate82

Paitence Sucks...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW i actually said wow outloud.... that pink cap is insane if the cap frag in my tank now does well i'm getting a frag from you!(not an option haha) but seriously amazing tank glad to have ya on the site!

LorenK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BigD! Welcome to R2R!

What's the cap on the left side? I've been meaning to ask you that.

Okeewanfonokee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Your tank is awesome. I can save money now driving from Columbus, Ga. going to the Atlanta Aquarium. I can just go see your tank instead :)

OP
OP
Big D

Big D

Master of my Domain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BigD! Welcome to R2R!

What's the cap on the left side? I've been meaning to ask you that.

Thanks Loren... as far as the caps, there's actually 3 that can be seen in the tank. On the far left next to the overflow, there's a metallic orange one but it's getting over run by my stary night acro. The largest one in the tank is the green with blue rim towards the left center, bigger than a basketball... and on the right is my pink/maroon one.

David

OP
OP
Big D

Big D

Master of my Domain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW i actually said wow outloud.... that pink cap is insane if the cap frag in my tank now does well i'm getting a frag from you!(not an option haha) but seriously amazing tank glad to have ya on the site!

Thanks Nate... just let me know how yours does, that pink one grows like a weed and almost always needs a trimming.

D

OP
OP
Big D

Big D

Master of my Domain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy moley man. Your green cap started growing up, not out huh? I love the tank, and you better get the 300 gallon up soon

Thanks Jeff... kinda crazy how it grows. When I first set up the tank, it started growing up on the edges, pretty sure it was due to the flow pattern in the tank. Now it has nodules (I call them stalagmites :biggrin:) that grow up all throughout the middle section of it. It didn't start that until I swapped to IceCap ballasts on the T5's... that's also when the edges started to really show a nice blue color. I'm pretty sure it's one of my biggest consumers of Cal/Alk in the tank aside from the clams.

D

paintballer768

Master of Puppets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. I just got green monti cap frag and a few other SPS pieces, courtesy ala Rev :), and my Koralia 2 comes tomorrow, so I hope they get plenty of flow.

I lost my last cap frag due to flow. A weird hard, red algae overgrew it, so Im glad to get another piece, and have made the more flow changes I have since. I know itll be great

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice. I just got green monti cap frag and a few other SPS pieces, courtesy ala Rev :), and my Koralia 2 comes tomorrow, so I hope they get plenty of flow.

I lost my last cap frag due to flow. A weird hard, red algae overgrew it, so Im glad to get another piece, and have made the more flow changes I have since. I know itll be great

Your green cap has blue polyps though. :D

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 18.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 42 51.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.9%
Back