Hello all from Newnan,GA (Atlanta area)...

Big D

Master of my Domain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off... Rev, very nice site! Well done!!!

Hello all... new to the site but got a little reefing under my belt already. It's always cool to find new folks to hang out with in this crazy hobby of ours. Hopefully I can contribute a little around here to make my stay welcome. :biggrin:

David

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey David welcome again to R2R bro! Great to have you!

This site is awesome because of the members and the mods! I am just a bystander but thanks! LOL!

OP
OP
Big D

Big D

Master of my Domain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome to r2r how about some tank specs and some pics:biggrin:

+1 on the pics bro...

Don't know what I was thinking... :rolleyes: Here's some specs:

I've actually got 4 tanks going right now, but I'll go with my main tank. It's a 180gal AGA tank loaded with about 250lbs of rock, 16 fish, 3 monster Derasa clams, boat loads of SPS as well as some nice LPS. I consider it a mixed reef (understatement :D) which all sits on a custom built stand.

I'm running over 600 watts of lights, all T5's consisting of six 80W bulbs on two IceCap 660's and two 54W bulbs running on a spec ballast. All the T5's are running IceCap reflectors. Flow in the tank is handled by four Tunze Nanostream 6055's controlled by a 7095 controller. The sump/fuge is a modified 50gal breeder. For now, the poop is being pulled out by a DAS EX-3 skimmer and any residual trates are wiped out by a Midwest Aquatics sulfer denitrator, I feed waaaay to much! :rolleyes:

As far as keeping the cal/alk in check, I've got a Korallin 1502 cal reactor controlled by a Pinpoint PH controller as well as a huge Deltec KM500S Kalk stirrer. On top of that, I still have to dose 200ml a day of two part solution due the demand in the tank. :mad:

All of the lights, heaters, fan and return pumps are controlled by a ReefKeeper II mounted inside the door of the stand. That's pretty much it for equipment, but here's what everyone is looking for... some pics. :biggrin:

FTS

FTS4.jpg

Angle Shot

RtSide.jpg

The Newest Guy In The Tank, Thumper (very cool Sargassum Trigger)

Thumper2.jpg

D

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That tank is DA BOMB!! Beautiful caps!

OP
OP
Big D

Big D

Master of my Domain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang...thats a sick tank...

Thanks FOSELONE... crazy how many names I recognize on here.

Here's a link to my build thread... it's been a crazy ride! I'm no where close to being done with this one and I've already bought a 300gal for an in wall setup to replace it. :rolleyes:

Link <<---

D

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There is a price to pay for beauty! :D

Hey I always wanted a trigger. How is he in the reef and how long have you had him?

bruin11av

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New myself here. Your tank is as nice as I have seen. Lots of patience and great acros, my favorite!
Gary

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. I know you will love it here, everyone is really nice. Your tank is just georgeous !!!!! very very nice.......

OP
OP
Big D

Big D

Master of my Domain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I always wanted a trigger. How is he in the reef and how long have you had him?

I always wanted one too, but figured it was out of the question with a reef. Well, I was at Sal's place here in ATL and he had 5 or 6 of these guys, and man were they awesome. After I talked to a couple friends (customers in his store) and Sal, they kinda talked me into one. But I wasn't real sure so I started diggin through the books he had on the shelves and sure enough, they're considered the most reef friendly trigger around. I've had him for about 3 or 4 weeks now and he's been a model citizen. Real cool fish, he swims around so much that he's got all of the other fish all worked up and they're swimmin all over too. Other than that, he doesn;t bother anyone... even all of my shrimp.

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow, i checked out your other link and everything is very nice, love the stand, great job! nice to see such a nice tank being run on t5's. i recently bought t5's for mine and so far so good. i do think i need to change the bulbs to get the color in my corals though. any suggestions? i have a nova extreme pro (i know prob not the best out there) but anyways it is as it came, 3 daylight and 3 actinic i believe. any suggestions on how to change the bulbs around to get a little more pop in color?

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats great! i love triggers, wish i had the room for one. i think they are really cool fish!

OP
OP
Big D

Big D

Master of my Domain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow, i checked out your other link and everything is very nice, love the stand, great job! nice to see such a nice tank being run on t5's. i recently bought t5's for mine and so far so good. i do think i need to change the bulbs to get the color in my corals though. any suggestions? i have a nova extreme pro (i know prob not the best out there) but anyways it is as it came, 3 daylight and 3 actinic i believe. any suggestions on how to change the bulbs around to get a little more pop in color?

Thanks Amanda... let me know what size tank your running them on and the spectrum of the bulbs if you know them.

David

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back