Hello all

  • Thread starter Thread starter TORMENTOR
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TORMENTOR

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2009
Messages
51
Reaction score
2
Location
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I am a member of the Joliet Area Reef Club out of the chicago area, I am in the process of starting a new 75 gallon mixed reef aquarium.

I have everything needed to set it up except the power heads for circulation. I just made my sump yesterday out of a 38 gallon tank and have to wait until the silicone dries before doing a leak test on it (tonight). I am looking to have the tank filled tomorrow and begin my cycle.

Over the past few months I have been gathering all the equipment needed and just got all the dry rock I needed from Marco Rocks.

This is a very exciting hobby and I look forward to learning from this forum as much as I have learned from the others out there.

The picture below is just something I took after I received the first 50lbs of rock, I have all the rock in the tank and will take more pictures when the tank is filled and cycling.

Happy reefing for now
 

Attachments

  • 008dq7.jpg
    008dq7.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 152
Looks like your off to a good start! Welcome to R2R!
 
welcome ! very nice tank, cant wait to see it all filled up with goodies ! :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 34 32.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new