Hello all

  • Thread starter Thread starter ReefGeezer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ReefGeezer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 9, 2009
Messages
2,155
Reaction score
2,998
Location
Wichita, KS
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a seasoned reefer but had been out of the hobby for several years until about a year ago. Since then I've built a 75 Gallon mixed reef and in the process found out what I didn't know! Along the way I made a few mistakes and had to regroup, but now the tank is mature and running pretty well. I have some fish and corals in the tank, but nothing special... yet. The tank's just now stable enough to support the good stuff.

The tank is set-up for SPS corals:
2X 150 W Aqualine Buschke 10K halides & 6X 24 W t5HO
Reef Octopus recirculating needle wheel skimmer rated for 150 gallons
Automatic Top Off w/ Kalk stirrer (DIY calc reactor in-process)
Macro Algae Fuge
Carbon Reactor

I dose amino acids and Carbon (VSV) so the tank is a pretty low nutrient system.

I look forward to interacting with other members and discovering how others maintain their reefs.

John
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new