Hello everyone glad to be apart of this community now

Higuera

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, new to this site and new to this hobby as well. I’ve had an ich issue in my 65 gallon tank for about a week now. Is there any medication I can use? I’ve been reading of a treatment called minnfinn. Has anyone here tried it at all with a reef tank?

The Aquatic Arsenal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
r2r-gif-welcome.gif

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

I don’t have any experience with minnfinn. But I am using quarantine to treat fish in copper before going into the display tank.

there are some awesome threads in the forum.

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R -- now that ich is in your display tank, it does limit your approach. Removing the fish to quarantine and treatment their while fallow for 76 days in your DT is one approach. Another approach is living with ich and attempting to manage it with healthy fish and boosted immune systems.

OP
OP
Higuera

Higuera

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks ill most likely set up a 10 gallon qt. For the most part I’ve seen tutorials on YouTube. Is a hang on filter required? Or can I pass it off with a biotech sponge filter. Also what are the recommendations on water changed for a 10 gallon qt tank? Thanks all for the advise

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks ill most likely set up a 10 gallon qt. For the most part I’ve seen tutorials on YouTube. Is a hang on filter required? Or can I pass it off with a biotech sponge filter. Also what are the recommendations on water changed for a 10 gallon qt tank? Thanks all for the advise
I would recommend a HOB filter, I use them on all my QT tanks. You can use a ammonia badge on the tank to monitor. I usually do a 25 percent water change weekly as its easy to do.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 clowns would be easy to treat in a 10 gallon quarantine.

you can get a pretty cheap setup with filter, heater and top with light. I got a 10 gallon starter setup at petsmart for $50. I used a few rocks from my display to set it up and it cycled pretty quickly.

the rocks used will not be able to go back because they absorb the copper. But this would let you start treating faster.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 180 72.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back