Hello everyone

Welcome!! A lot of schools of thought on how to cycle a tank. Good advice in here so far. Best advice is move slowly. My tank cycled for a couple months ( I had rock baking for 2 months before that) before I ordered some aquacultured live rock. To me rock is the most important. Then another month or so I added a couple of small fish,,, etc. It depends on the road you go down as to how quickly you can do things. However, the slow way is always the best way.
For leaving town, make sure you are confident of the equipment and its functionality before you leave. New equipment can have failures. A leak while you are gone for a week could be a bit damaging to stuff.

Have fun with it!!
 
IMG_0904.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new