Hello fellow fish people

Hello people, I'm a complete novice with reef keeping but my partner bought red sea Reefer 250l tank for new house and I thought I'll try and get involved. Trying to decide what Aquascape I should go for, we have 1 x red sea 90 l.e.d which will be located in the middle. Looking to house mostly soft corals and potentially some lps.

I know more rock is required, this has just been put in for the cycle.

Thanks

16985936679122208857002238023863.jpg
IMG_8134.jpeg
 
Welcome to R2R! If you have more rock on hand, I would advise adding at least a little more rock during the cycle. The bacteria you are encouraging to populate your tank live mainly in the sand and rock. Having more of the rock pre-populated with bacteria will make it easier when you start to add livestock.

R2R-Welcome3.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new