Hello fellow reefers !

Charliek71477

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, some I'm new to the hobby and had a quick question. My tank setup consist of a redsea max nano, a 100 watt titanium heater, and a additional showerhead of 240 GPH.My question was that I wanted to make sure I'm getting enough filtration with live rock and also wanted to run caribsea Rubble Zone in the sump in addition to switching micron suck from 250 to the 100 fine. I plan on doing 5 gallon water changes every 2 weeks. Any thoughts or comments?

scott11106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, some I'm new to the hobby and had a quick question. My tank setup consist of a redsea max nano, a 100 watt titanium heater, and a additional showerhead of 240 GPH.My question was that I wanted to make sure I'm getting enough filtration with live rock and also wanted to run caribsea Rubble Zone in the sump in addition to switching micron suck from 250 to the 100 fine. I plan on doing 5 gallon water changes every 2 weeks. Any thoughts or comments?
it is hard to say as it depends on the amount of sand and rock, is it live or cured at this time? it sounds like you will be fine but it will also depend on your bio-load as you add fish and coral, do you have anything in small sump area? are you running a skimmer or do you plan to?

OP
OP
C

Charliek71477

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it is hard to say as it depends on the amount of sand and rock, is it live or cured at this time? it sounds like you will be fine but it will also depend on your bio-load as you add fish and coral, do you have anything in small sump area? are you running a skimmer or do you plan to?
When I setup the tank, I will be using 20 lbs of caribsea Fiji pink live aragrate, 20-30 lbs of cured live rock, and 20 gallons of saltwater from my LFS. As far as the setup, the red sea nano has a skimmer and ATO built-in. I just wanted some extra filtration. As far as livestock, I was going to do some clowns, some Duncan's and zoe's, and a couple other little things.

scott11106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I setup the tank, I will be using 20 lbs of caribsea Fiji pink live aragrate, 20-30 lbs of cured live rock, and 20 gallons of saltwater from my LFS. As far as the setup, the red sea nano has a skimmer and ATO built-in. I just wanted some extra filtration. As far as livestock, I was going to do some clowns, some Duncan's and zoe's, and a couple other little things.
in that case you will be fine..you will have to let me know how you like the nano max as i was thinking of adding one to my tanks....

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 105 80.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.6%
Back