0   0   0
1DPoFnXNNoQYScds8r.gif

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys I am a new member to R2R, but about 3 years into the hobby. I have used R2R many times searching for answers to the questions I seek. I am actually looking to get out of the hobby due to some unexpected life events. So I am trying all avenues to try and sell my Red Sea 300xl fully loaded with all the gadgets and gizmos. I will be posting for my requirement to sell, but I am here for any newcomers to the hobby considering I am still fairly new. I am really proud of the tank I have created so I will post some pictures as soon as I navigate R2R a little more.

Welcome! Glad you joined but sorry life is throwing you a curve right now.

We joke that some guy bought really great tank setup only to sell it to us cheap. He was excited to get cash to fund his daughter's college start, as well as eliminate ongoing costs/time, and I was thrilled to finally be able to return to hobby.

This might help you find people local to you in Maricopa:

It might be simpler for YOU to sell it all together, and if you both price it right and find right person, perhaps that will work.

However, if your sale is not time dependent, then more likely you will find yourself wanting to be open to dividing up items. Depending what you have, this may even be more profitable for you. I know it was for the person I got my tank... most everything was already sold individually by the time he posted his system sale on local hobby club forum... but my most recent tank setup I bought used from OfferUp.

Perhaps like me you will be able to return at some future time, and then the good karma of upcoming selling may return back to you at that future time. Stay salty in your dreams!

OP
OP
K

khuchting724

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much for the advice Fish Think Pink. We are not in a rush, so I guess I could be open to selling individually, but I also do not mind waiting for someone to come along and want the whole setup all together. I am just worried about my critters. I do notice that on Reef2Reef it is newcomers just buying their tank getting into the hobby. Just got to wait for the right person that wants a nice used established tank for a couple thousand cheaper than starting new.

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I totally get the leaving the hobby and then coming back. I left it like 20 years ago when I moved here to AZ. A friend and I had a tank Maintenace co in NY and also had a friend who was a importer. So we got fish and stuff cheap. Now in AZ and started with a 140 a few years ago and last Jan we replaced the 140 with a 300. I am into building everything I can out of acrylic.
If you need a good home for some stuff I would be interested in any fish or corals that you may want to sell, taking in consideration that it would be a good addition to my tank and not cause any harm to any living thing. I have helped people sell their stuff and also find good homes for their stuff. I can also share with you that alot of people start off trying to sell the "entire tank package" only to find out that it is easier and quicker to sell it in pieces. For example, people will only want certain fish, corals and brands of equipment and selling the "entire tank package" is like trying to find someone who likes exactly everything you have...I hope this helps. Reach out to me if you start to sell things individually. I am in Gilbert area...

OP
OP
K

khuchting724

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I totally get the leaving the hobby and then coming back. I left it like 20 years ago when I moved here to AZ. A friend and I had a tank Maintenace co in NY and also had a friend who was a importer. So we got fish and stuff cheap. Now in AZ and started with a 140 a few years ago and last Jan we replaced the 140 with a 300. I am into building everything I can out of acrylic.
If you need a good home for some stuff I would be interested in any fish or corals that you may want to sell, taking in consideration that it would be a good addition to my tank and not cause any harm to any living thing. I have helped people sell their stuff and also find good homes for their stuff. I can also share with you that alot of people start off trying to sell the "entire tank package" only to find out that it is easier and quicker to sell it in pieces. For example, people will only want certain fish, corals and brands of equipment and selling the "entire tank package" is like trying to find someone who likes exactly everything you have...I hope this helps. Reach out to me if you start to sell things individually. I am in Gilbert area...
Thank you so much for the info, I may start selling things individually if that is the case. What things would you be interested in?

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much for the info, I may start selling things individually if that is the case. What things would you be interested in?
Fish, corals, zoa's and maybe lights if they are kessil...you can pm me list if you want...

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although a little late welcome to R2R! I’m sorry you have to leave the hobby. I had to get out of the hobby in 2015 due to health issues so I get it. Hopefully you can get back into the hobby sooner rather than later. I wish you success in selling your system.

Back