Hello From Gainesville GA!

minions-welcome_orig.jpg
 
Welcome to the R2R community !!
 
Welcome... IMO, get as much depth (front to back) as possible. My 500g is 6’x5’, and it’s so nice for aquascaping with all that room!

Along with the height, ,this seems to be the hardest decision so far. Originally I was going 10' x 2' x 2'. Now I'm trying to decide between 8' x 3' x 27/30" or 6' x 4' x 27/30".
 
Last edited:
Along with the height, ,this seems to be the hardest decision so far. Originally I was going 10' x 2' x 2'. Now I'm trying to decide between 8' x 3' x 27/30" or 6' x 4' x 27/30".
Personally, I’d not go over 27”h... very hard to clean and/or place rock and corals...
my vote is for 6’x4’x27”h
You’ll thank me!
My previous tank was 8’x 40”x27”h 450g... it was very nice, but it would have been better at 48” depth!
Here is 6’x5’..,
4F39E338-CE30-46AD-8489-E00D3A9199AB.jpeg
 
Personally, I’d not go over 27”h... very hard to clean and/or place rock and corals...
my vote is for 6’x4’x27”h
You’ll thank me!
My previous tank was 8’x 40”x27”h 450g... it was very nice, but it would have been better at 48” depth!
Here is 6’x5’..,
4F39E338-CE30-46AD-8489-E00D3A9199AB.jpeg

Very nice!! I am actually most comfortable with a 24" height, however peer pressure is tough....

I have been back and forth about the depth. Originally I wanted the deeper one with the design shown in the pic attached, however It seems like a nightmare to find a balance of maintenance, hiding the fish room and overall appearance which is why I am leaning into placing it inwall. This was the reason for dropping it from 4' to 3'. May need to measure and see if the inwall can support 4' from what I am hearing.
1578581361555.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new