Hello from Iowa

Heatdissipations

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 25, 2026
Messages
5
Reaction score
23
Location
Iowa
What state or country do you live in
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been keeping reef tanks for over 20 years, took an eight year break after moving back to Iowa from Philly. Just set up a Waterbox 110.4 that is currently cycling. Believe it or not there has been some pretty good changes to the hobby, back in the day if you didnt set your tank up with 100% live rock you were doomed for years, lol I never followed that advice back then, used to make my rock with concrete, rock salt, and calcium supplement for poultry. It took forever to cure but worked. I bought 100 lbs of marco rock for this tank and love the look so far. I am happy to see people leaning more towards rock like marco rock. It takes a while longer to fully mature, but you have control on what is being introduced into your tank from the very beginning.
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new