Hello from Japan

okayamapiper

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 24, 2013
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
Location
Okayama, Japan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently running a 50 gallon mixed reef, 15 and 7 gallon SPS tanks. I have been in and out of the hobbies since the late 80's. over half of the livestock was collected by me as I am cheap. My current headache is my Ritteri anemone.
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1377352737.520887.jpg
 
I think that is the most stuffed tank I've ever seen. Looks healthy though, you're obviously doing something right.
Welcome to Reef 2 Reef!
 
Welcome to R2R!! And That is one massive Anemone!! Great Looking Tank!!
 
Thanks to all. The nem has started to move, forcing me to rearrange the tank this afternoon. I have always had a bad habit of stuffing my tanks. Here are photos of my 15 and 7 gallon.
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1377361010.795510.jpg

ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1377361030.313865.jpg
 
Yea.. I'd say their full alright!! I do love a tank packed with Corals!!
 
I think I need to remove a couple of red 3w LEDs on the 7 gallon as it is a tad purple. The tank has a slight hair algae problem but a little lanthanum should knock it out. The rocks will leach out phosphate so it will take several treatments.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new