Hello from New Zealand

B78D4DF4-E138-4661-911F-E35BD01FDBD8.gif
 
Hello Everyone,

I am a reefer from New Zealand and thanks a lot for accepting me to the forum.

I am originally from Sri Lanka pretty much grew up on a natural reef almost 20 years of my life in the beautiful town of Hikkaduwa, Sri Lanka.

I love this hobby to the max and I have a 100gal tank that I built from scratch by my self with some cool features. I am a designer(Product, UX, Experience), photographer, Tech expert, and a creative producer and I am always trying to combine my collective knowledge, experience and expertise to improve and contribute to this hobby the beat I can.

I have few online resources if anyone wants to have a look.

@aquariumlightsnz
@thecreativereef

Thanks and Happy Reefing

Welcome! Glad you joined. Sounds like you have a LOT of diverse experiences and expertise to share!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in New Zealand:
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/global-local-reef-club-discussion.634/
This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!
Welcome.gif
 
Welcome! Glad you joined. Sounds like you have a LOT of diverse experiences and expertise to share!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in New Zealand:
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/global-local-reef-club-discussion.634/
This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
Awesome.. will definitely look in to it. Thanks
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new