Hello from Northern Virginia

Sdbuehler1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Folks!

I'm getting back into the saltwater aquarium hobby after 10 years. I used to have a 85 gallon mixed reef but had to take it down when I moved. It's wild to see all the new technology since I was last in the hobby. LED lights have come a long way and a lot of components are WIFI enabled now.. just amazing! I'm currently putting together a new 100 gallon system with the goal of having SPS corals. I've been struggling to find a good ATO system. It seems like most of the controllers now come with a pump that can only push water a few feet up. If anyone has any recommendations for a controller that can work with any pump and has good safety / redundancy features, I'm all ears! Looking forward to meeting everyone in this great hobby. Happy New Year!

-Steve

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome
Hi Folks!

I'm getting back into the saltwater aquarium hobby after 10 years. I used to have a 85 gallon mixed reef but had to take it down when I moved. It's wild to see all the new technology since I was last in the hobby. LED lights have come a long way and a lot of components are WIFI enabled now.. just amazing! I'm currently putting together a new 100 gallon system with the goal of having SPS corals. I've been struggling to find a good ATO system. It seems like most of the controllers now come with a pump that can only push water a few feet up. If anyone has any recommendations for a controller that can work with any pump and has good safety / redundancy features, I'm all ears! Looking forward to meeting everyone in this great hobby. Happy New Year!

-Steve
Welcome to R2R

Welcome to R2R.JPG

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back