Hello from SoCal

Chris_from_SoCal

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 23, 2026
Messages
85
Reaction score
111
Location
So Cal
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a small 55 gallon reef with a refrugium about 30 years ago that was great but gave everything away when I moved. It was primitive by today's standards but it worked. Back then it was nice because you could go to the wholesalers near LAX and the public was allowed to go in and buy at very reasonable prices. It looks like those days are long gone.

The old tank.
old_reef_tank_002.jpg


About a month ago I started setting up a new RedSea 625 G3. So far, so good.
2026_reef_tank_0003.jpg
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
I had a small 55 gallon reef with a refrugium about 30 years ago that was great but gave everything away when I moved. It was primitive by today's standards but it worked. Back then it was nice because you could go to the wholesalers near LAX and the public was allowed to go in and buy at very reasonable prices. It looks like those days are long gone.

The old tank.
old_reef_tank_002.jpg


About a month ago I started setting up a new RedSea 625 G3. So far, so good.
2026_reef_tank_0003.jpg
Welcome back ! I'm also coming from a 16 year break. Nice size looking tank ! Can't wait to see it come up!
 
I had a small 55 gallon reef with a refrugium about 30 years ago that was great but gave everything away when I moved. It was primitive by today's standards but it worked. Back then it was nice because you could go to the wholesalers near LAX and the public was allowed to go in and buy at very reasonable prices. It looks like those days are long gone.

The old tank.
old_reef_tank_002.jpg


About a month ago I started setting up a new RedSea 625 G3. So far, so good.
2026_reef_tank_0003.jpg
Welcome to R2R!
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new