Hello from the UK

majeric

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 5, 2019
Messages
20
Reaction score
20
Location
London
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow Reefers!

Just thought I’d say hello!

I currently have a 100g sps dominated tank that has been running since 2019.
It’s had many ups and downs….but i thinks it’s now stable.
I recently moved over to the modern reef RKS programme. Have to admit, it’s quite good.

Only downside is that I’ve started getting a weird green algae on the sand bed….maybe my tank just needs to time to settle after that solution move.

Here’s a pic :)

IMG_9538.png
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to R2R!
Beautiful tank by the way!!
The algae may be coming from the shift in nutrients since you recently switched methods.

R2R.jpg
 
Welcome to R2R!
Beautiful tank by the way!!
The algae may be coming from the shift in nutrients since you recently switched methods.

I think this might be the case - its slowly disappearing....i guess this is what happens when you make a fundamental switch of dosing providers.
 
Hello fellow Reefers!

Just thought I’d say hello!

I currently have a 100g sps dominated tank that has been running since 2019.
It’s had many ups and downs….but i thinks it’s now stable.
I recently moved over to the modern reef RKS programme. Have to admit, it’s quite good.

Only downside is that I’ve started getting a weird green algae on the sand bed….maybe my tank just needs to time to settle after that solution move.

Here’s a pic :)

IMG_9538.png
Hi tanks looking great
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new