Hello need help for my Blue tang

Abel Ruiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I’m new to reefing and would appreciate any help I can get. This morning when I checked on my fish I noticed my blue tang had black spots on the front half of the fish both sides it does not look good. The Blue tang is swimming normal and eating good. It is a fairly new tank and I only feed them once a day right now. I have 2 clownfish 1 inch big and a Blue tang around 1 inch and a 1/2. Clownfish look normal and eat good. The only thing I’ve noticed before this is that the Blue tang seems to have a whiteish belly or a lighter skin. I am feeding Hikari marine s sinking food one day and Hikari mysis shrimp (frozen) the next day. Also I put a piece of red marine algae in the tank for the blue tang. I’m just worried and would appreciate any advice Please and Thank You.

IMG_3939.jpeg

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Upvote 0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I’m new to reefing and would appreciate any help I can get. This morning when I checked on my fish I noticed my blue tang had black spots on the front half of the fish both sides it does not look good. The Blue tang is swimming normal and eating good. It is a fairly new tank and I only feed them once a day right now. I have 2 clownfish 1 inch big and a Blue tang around 1 inch and a 1/2. Clownfish look normal and eat good. The only thing I’ve noticed before this is that the Blue tang seems to have a whiteish belly or a lighter skin. I am feeding Hikari marine s sinking food one day and Hikari mysis shrimp (frozen) the next day. Also I put a piece of red marine algae in the tank for the blue tang. I’m just worried and would appreciate any advice Please and Thank You.

IMG_3939.jpeg
You should feed the fish 2 or more times each day, as much as they will eat in a few minutes.
Can you post a video of the tang?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

Abel Ruiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should feed the fish 2 or more times each day, as much as they will eat in a few minutes.
Can you post a video of the tang?
Thank You for the help I will feed them twice a day from now on. Sadly my Blue tang passed last night. I did some researched beforehand and it could’ve been a parasitic worm I really don’t know I’m still very new. I did a fresh water dip in the evening yesterday a lot of things were floating in the water don’t know what it was. When I moved it back I noticed it was breathing hard and seemed really stressed out now. I went to a school event for my girls and came back around 9 to my blue tang almost getting sucked into power head, I have a filter sponge around the power head which saved it but really struggled after that and didn’t make it through the night. I felt so bad and still do. I have some extra 10 gallon tanks would that be a suitable quarantine tank for new fish/invertebrates going into tank or too small? Also I have taken out my power head on the left side of tank it was a marineland mj1200. Gonna look for a safer power head. Thank you again for everything.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 10
Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back