Hello old friends!

RedOscar12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I hope all is well with everyone in this time of hardship! I know that I haven't been very active in the past few years, well because of life and such. I have been looking to jump back in the hobby with perhaps a nano tank with only small SPS corals and maybe a fish or two. Ideally I'd like to establish something with a strong arthropod background to sustain a Mandarin. I have always loved the look of Zoo's, so I'd ideally like to make those the primary focus with a few others small corals. Ideally, I'm looking for an all in one unit such as a nano cube that would fit on a good sized desk. I'm asking for opinions or suggestions, thanks in advance!

RedOscar12 - James

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back Brother! Sounds like a plan. I wouldn't go too small with a mandarin unless it's accustomed to eating prepared foods. They can go through a lot of pods.

mattdg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great to meet you! Definitely go for maximum volume, for success with a mandarin. In my experience, they are the kind of fish you should forget you want, until you have a well established mixed reef, somewhere down the line. No matter what, have fun and looking forward to hearing how it goes.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.9%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back