Hello R2R members!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Madreef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Madreef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2011
Messages
379
Reaction score
3
Location
Santa Barbara
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, my name is Brian and I'm addicted to reefkeeping :D. I'm 24 years old and have been keeping aquariums since I was about 8. I got into marine aquariums when I was 15 and haven't looked back. I mostly keep SPS corals, but recently I've taken an interest into mixed reefs with the influx of so many nice LPS. I currently have a 40 gallon tank and am waiting on moving to a different house to set up a 150 gallon starphire tank. I look forward to sharing my passion with others here. Here's a few progression shots of my current set up.

FTS-7-11-09.jpg


FTS-9-05-09.jpg


FTS-9-01-09.jpg


FTS-1.jpg


FTS-2.jpg
 
nice progression and welcome to r2r. You'll find a lot of people to share experiences with and will make a few friends along the way. Be sure to start a thread on your new tank once you move - can't wait to see how it develops.

Welcome!!!
 
Love the tank! And welcome to R2R. The tank is looking very healthy! Glad to have you here! : )
 
Hey Brian, Welcome to Reef2Reef...nice looking tank!! You are jam packed with corals...sounds like a 150g would be just perfect for all your stuff. Cant wait to see you get it going!!
 
nice tank and progression shots! Might I recommend picking up a vortec mp pump to replace those other large pumps that take away (imo) from the tank
 
Nice progression shots Brian and welcome to R2R. If we can help you directly in any way, please don't hesitate to contact us.
 
nice tank and progression shots! Might I recommend picking up a vortec mp pump to replace those other large pumps that take away (imo) from the tank


If you looks closely in the last photo you'll see two smaller mini streams that replaced the 6060s and on the other side there's an mp40 now. I like the mp, but I'm still thinking of some 6200 series with some mp40s in the 150. Or possibly 60s if I'm able to stand the sound of the fans.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 10 5.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 28 16.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 59 33.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new