Hello reef first saltwater tank

davidg119

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 4, 2024
Messages
9
Reaction score
28
Location
Pittsburgh
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I just wanted to share my first journey into salt water. I watched a bunch of BRS videos and decided to try out the hello reef kit.

IMG_8129.jpeg
 
Welcome and good luck! I like your scape. If I can give you a piece of advice - don’t add any bottled products to the tank except your cycling products (bacteria and ammonia) if you are going that route. Change water regularly. Don’t worry about dosing alk, calcium, and magnesium for the first 6 months, but do test them regularly. Be patient! Lastly, use this community! The expertise around here is astounding (if you filter a little).
 
Hi all,

I just wanted to share my first journey into salt water. I watched a bunch of BRS videos and decided to try out the hello reef kit.

IMG_8129.jpeg
How’s it going? I got out of the hobby many years ago but decided to get this same kit to set up a new system for my office
 
It's coming along nicely. I have added a pair of mocha gladiator clowns, a cleaner shrimp and and some clean up crew. Now I am waiting a bit before I add some beginner friendly coral.
IMG_8284.jpeg
IMG_8297.jpeg
 
I love your aquascape. Any updates on the tank? Planning to dive into the same kit for my first saltwater tank since I was a child. Grew up with a 100gallon and ready to start my own.
 
It's coming along nicely. I have added a pair of mocha gladiator clowns, a cleaner shrimp and and some clean up crew. Now I am waiting a bit before I add some beginner friendly coral.
IMG_8284.jpeg
IMG_8297.jpeg
Love the clowns in there!
 
Is the light good enough to sustain most corals? Just started looking to get back into the hobby and things have changed a lot. Could you keep SPS with this light?
 
Hi all,

I just wanted to share my first journey into salt water. I watched a bunch of BRS videos and decided to try out the hello reef kit.

IMG_8129.jpeg
Is this the amount of rock that came from hello reef or did you add rock?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new