View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank: RED SEA 300G2
What i used till now for lighting:
2x RedSea Reef90 LED
My question or query:
I have been using RedSea reef 90 LED till now and was showing good improvements with my LPS. I bought few SPS and New AI HYDRA HD 32. I wonder using three lights ( 2 redsea and 1ai) is good or bad for my aquarium. Sorry if I’m offending anyone i am a noob reefer who have much love in this hobby. I like to learn from fellow reefer masters here. I have attached my regular settings from my Redsea 90. And i have programmed the AI light to work in different way. I have attached the light settings below. Please refer and be kind enough to advice me. Thank you masters. You can find my progress in Instagram: https://instagram.com/myreefjoy?igshid=OGQ5ZDc2ODk2ZA==

IMG_0691.png IMG_0692.png

OP
OP
mBoN

mBoN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is how i have placed the lights. Two Red Sea on sides and one ai light in the middle.
IMG_9377.jpeg

Birdman Broham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
There is absolutely nothing wrong with your lighting. If anyone tells you different there bored and looking to spark a conversation about getting you to spend $1000 more. RedSea lights are great, the Hydra is also a great light

OP
OP
mBoN

mBoN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is absolutely nothing wrong with your lighting. If anyone tells you different there bored and looking to spark a conversation about getting you to spend $1000 more. RedSea lights are great, the Hydra is also a great light
Running three lights with above settings is ok?

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, that's a great setup you have going on there- now it's about using them correctly :)

Are any of your corals showing signs that would lead you to believe that you need to change any settings? If not, i would leave it be for now..

Birdman Broham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Running three lights with above settings is ok?
You will need to adjust accordingly. No one knows how YOUR corals endorse the lighting. If it’s too much you will notice a change in your corals. Such as maybe whiting or bleaching. If you’re noticing they ain’t as happy, try to switch the patterns, colors, and intensity. But I think you will be fine

OP
OP
mBoN

mBoN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, that's a great setup you have going on there- now it's about using them correctly :)

Are any of your corals showing signs that would lead you to believe that you need to change any settings? If not, i would leave it be for now..
I wonder if I’m using the equipment correctly. I setupped new ai light today. So only running the settings and watch the corals progress would let me know if I’m using the lights correctly isnt it? But using the lights is perfectly ok bro?

OP
OP
mBoN

mBoN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will need to adjust accordingly. No one knows how YOUR corals endorse the lighting. If it’s too much you will notice a change in your corals. Such as maybe whiting or bleaching. If you’re noticing they ain’t as happy, try to switch the patterns, colors, and intensity. But I think you will be fine
Thank you so much. You guys are awesome ❤️

Birdman Broham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I wonder if I’m using the equipment correctly. I setupped new ai light today. So only running the settings and watch the corals progress would let me know if I’m using the lights correctly isnt it? But using the lights is perfectly ok bro?
I personally think you don’t even need the Hydra. But just run it and match the settings with your Red Sea and you’re going to have to be the judge there. No one can or should tell you how to create your own lighting schedule because it’s not there tank. Only you can judge how your corals are reacting based upon previously settings

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless you have access to a PAR meter :)

I would use the acclimation mode on your new light. You know the Red Sea lights are working well for you; don't just add the AI on on full power immediately.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally think you don’t even need the Hydra. But just run it and match the settings with your Red Sea and you’re going to have to be the judge there. No one can or should tell you how to create your own lighting schedule because it’s not there tank. Only you can judge how your corals are reacting based upon previously settings
I would not match the settings! It's an awful lot of additional light to add from one day to another.

Acclimation mode over 30 days etc. and ramp up slowly to match the Red Sea lights.

OP
OP
mBoN

mBoN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I would use the acclimation mode on your new light. You know the Red Sea lights are working well for you; don't just add the AI on on full power immediately.
yeah accepted. Redsea were great for me. I have already added lights with 40% lesser intensity and on acclimation mode for 7 days

OP
OP
mBoN

mBoN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not match the settings! It's an awful lot of additional light to add from one day to another.

Acclimation mode over 30 days etc. and ramp up slowly to match the Red Sea lights.
Ok bro. Will change to 30 days

Birdman Broham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0

I agree with this

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah accepted. Redsea were great for me. I have already added lights with 40% lesser intensity and on acclimation mode for 7 days
Good! Extend the acclimation mode for as long as the MyAI / Mobius app allows you to and take it slow! :) Your corals will respond well to slow increases - and they will respond fairly fast if you cook them with too much light.

Any additional growth will likely reflect in the consumption of elements so remember to check and adjust any dosing you might be doing.

OP
OP
mBoN

mBoN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can add acclimation to 255 days to the maximum but i think if thats too much

OP
OP
mBoN

mBoN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m
Good! Extend the acclimation mode for as long as the MyAI / Mobius app allows you to and take it slow! :) Your corals will respond well to slow increases - and they will respond fairly fast if you cook them with too much light.

Any additional growth will likely reflect in the consumption of elements so remember to check and adjust any dosing you might be doing.
These are my dosing schedule

Attachments

• IMG_0700.jpeg
    IMG_0700.jpeg
    78.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0701.jpeg
    IMG_0701.jpeg
    62.6 KB · Views: 32

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 26 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 56.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 7.1%
Back