Hello There

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm new to the reef2reef forum and also relatively new to the saltwater part of the hobby. I've been in it for about a year and I have two tanks. One is a 55 gallon and the other is a 40 gallon. Right now I have a yellow corris wrasse or canary wrasse whatever you'd like to call it in my 55 as well as two clown fish, a fire fish, a lawnmower blenny, and three blue/green chromis. I would have more in that tank, but I've been having a few issues with them and most of them are over in my 40. The three in the 55 are doing great though. I have one coral in my 40 and it's doing decently well. It is a leather finger coral and that's my first one that's doing good. I had another kind of coral before it, but that one didn't do so well. I mostly do freshwater though and have five fresh water tanks. I could go over whats in them, but that would take a while and this is a saltwater forum. I've got a bunch of green hair algae in my 55 though, but it's not all bad. The lawnmower blenny enjoys grazing on it and definitely has been keeping it under control as much as he can. It's not like the whole tanks covered in a large amount, just a light layer over the rocks. In the 40 I've had diatoms, but they don't bother much of anything so yeah, those are my fish and my tanks. I hope in joining this I'll be able to learn more and hopefully one day know a whole bunch more about salt water fish and corals and maybe breed a few too.
Welcome!

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R

ZomboMeme 31082020164448.jpg

Nanorock1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the wonderful folks, information and help.
Patience, it is the big word around here, Reefing is patience to cycle, to watch things grow, to keep your tank balanced.
I recommend to everyone joining to create a tank build thread.
1. You get to see where you have started and how much you have grown in this hobby.
2. We love pictures and to see what your doing with your tank.
3. It’s a great learning tool for all of us to see what works and doesn’t . We learn great stuff from each other.
Lastly the only bad question here is the one not asked...

giphy.gif

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 33 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 121 74.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back