welcome12_af875eaa887ed91c39e4c81c7d4fd966-0ed06ab93ea565647147c6beddbca4eb.gif
giphy (1).gif

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What happened to the other thread, talking about the technologies you're using? I was in the process of writing a response, and it went away!

I'm interested...

Back when I started looking into controllers for my new system, I picked up an Arduino Uno, a 6 way relay module, and rewired a rack mount DJ style power strip so that I could control each outlet. The more I looked at what I wanted to do... pH, Temp, a decent HMI module of some sort, along with packaging it so that it didn't look like it'd been assembled by Frankenstein... I bought a Reefkeeper Lite, and called it good enough.

I like the reefkeeper. It's easy, stable, does what I need it to do, and it was reasonably inexpensive. There's a lot of room for improvement, but for what it is, it works well. I love the idea of the Archon, but I'm less than enthused with DA's handling of it's release so far. If it was in stock, which it's not, I'd still not want to pay $400 for it in it's current state.

I had actually considered trying to reverse engineer the communications link between the various Reefkeeper modules... It's got to be some kind of serial data, based on the cabling. I'd guess RS-485. Shouldn't be that difficult to figure it out. An Arduino app that interfaces with DA PB4/8 would be a pretty cool project. Honestly, I just don't have the time.

I've browsed through your website for information. I see that you're using a real time controller of some sort, but I don't see which one... Is this an Arduino project, or some other platform?

OP
OP
Kraken-Tech

Kraken-Tech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi guys, matteo here :D

i have no idea, alert system say it's under moderation :D

it's an esp8266 project, so we have wifi for "free"

i have no idea of the cost of a "finished" version of it, but our goal it's to make it as cheap as possible (but as good as possible as well)
some feature
1) ph, with galvanic isolated probe + industrial probe + 12 bit adc + low ripple power input
2) orp (same feature of above)
3) ec (same of above)
4) agnostic pump controller with selectable output (0-5pwm, 0-5 analog, 0-10 analog), with various mode (async, sync, sine, nutrient export, reef crest, lagoon, pulse, constant)
5) 8 power out configurable with time, orp, ph, ec, temperature, level settings
6) 3x water level (2 x tank to have a backup 1 x reservoir to know if we have enough water)

i probably miss something, but we will discuss on the main thread (if it come back from limbo)

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 98 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back