Hello!

  • Thread starter Thread starter AmberL
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AmberL

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 7, 2011
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Location
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I set up my first reef tank in April. I have a 90 gallon tank with high-output T-5s and a strip of LEDs. I have a sump with an over-sized Reef Octopus skimmer. (The guy who sold it said it would keep my tank cleaner. It's designed for a 125-150 gallon tank; it barely fits in my sump. I'm also hoping to be able to transfer it to a larger tank one day...) I have a lot to learn about this amazing hobby, and I hope this forum will help.
I have 2 clowns, a midas blenny, a diamond goby, 2 sand shifting stars, 2 porcelain crabs, 3 hermit crabs, 2 turbo snails, and several hitch hikers.
As far as corals, I have a green plate coral (frag), a candy cane (1 frag), a finger leather, daisy polyps, green star polyps, a few orange zoas, and frog spawn (very small frag). Sounds like a lot when I write it out, but the tank looks pretty bare. I know this will change over time.
So, that's it about my tank. About me: I grew up in southern California, but I now live in Virginia. I'm married (no kids yet). We have a husky who is outrageously smart and very spoiled. We enjoy boating and hiking with our dog. We enjoy traveling around on motorcycles (without the dog, unfortunately). For the past 6 years, I taught high school English. This school year I will be a Reading Specialist at a middle school. My husband is in sales.

Well, that's about it! :wink:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new