Help About Kessil Buy

Aldemirgen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone
I have some silly questions but i couldn't figure it out and it is kinda important because if i miss something it will be hard to get other items.
So the question is i have 180cm(70" approx)*60cm(24"approx)*55cm(22"approx) custom made tank and i am planning to buy 4x Kessil A360X for it going to be a mid/heavy load LPS/Softie tank.
But I couldn't figure out whether I should use a 4 wifi dongle to set them up or a 4K-Link cable and Spectral X controller to manage them it is kinda important because i live in Turkey and if i buy something wrong or not enough, getting shipped to here will be very hard.

TLDR; 1-)what i need to buy for connect and programming for 4x A360x
2-) is 4x Kessil is enough for that load and tank dimensions

Biglew11

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the kessil lighting you only need one controller, either one wifi dongle or one spectral controller x. You plug that one controller into a light, and use the klink cables to connect the lights to each other. The klink cables are standard usb c cables.

With the wifi dongle you need to use a smartphone or tablet with the kessil app in order to controll the lights. Could be a pain if your one of a few that don't use smart phones, or devices.

With the spectral controller you controll the lighting directly from the controller. I'm pretty sure they both provide the same functions to the lights.

4 360x are probably enough for softies, not sure for lps, you could always add more 360x later. Or supplement the lighting with some t5 for a hybrid setup. On my 75 I'm using 2 360x and 4 t5 and love the look of having both.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
4 360x's with either Orhpek bars or XHO's would cover a lot of ground, but I think you can use the Kessil's on their own, but you'll want to map your tank with a par meter. I wouldn't place them higher than 8" above the water though.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 20.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 157 73.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.7%
Back