Help, Advice, Suggestions Please....

Jbertrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75 gallon saltwater tank. It's been running for well over 3 years. However only in my care the last 6 months.
I got it with a few blue legged Crabs , A Blue Hippo Tang.
I since added. Two Anemonies, A couple Corals, A Sand Shifting Sea Star. ( Which on another post I asked about it standing up on it's trippy toes. ) Two Clowns A Coral Banded shrimp, A Feather Duster Worn. ( Which left it's tube, and is well on it way to building a New one ) and A spotted hawk, An Emerald Crab and A Few Other Fish the fish store recommend. One black in the picture two of the pink ones.
Well even before I got the saltwater tank my daughter has been wanting this fish from the pet store they have had it for a long time. Well since iver had the tank for over 6 no ths closer to 8 and it was before that. ( Yes same fish sales rep was happy to see it finally go to it's forever home )
Well it was a storm clown. Then we seen this other one that looked sad it was a maroon clown so we got both. Over $100 later just for the two fish. We came home with 2 New fish. Did the drip acclimation and everything added them to the tank, to out right have a fight to the death between them, and a bad one at thaty tore up the maroons tail ( I do now have him and the other one in a hospital to tank ) Wasn't planning this. So I figured it was something to do with the old ones not welcoming new comers. So I took all of them out of the tank even moved rocks around and everything to make it look different. Kept everyone out for a little while then added all of them together. Still the old ones were going after the new comers.
Sorry going on and on now to the question.
I spend over 100 on these fish I don't want to have to get rid of them nor to I want yet another tank. I already have 4
Freshwater and one saltwater please help. What can I do to get them to get along they are worse then siblings. Honestly they really are and out for death.

20220809_165024.jpg 20220809_165136.jpg 20220809_165202.jpg 20220809_213410.jpg

Last edited:

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't help you with this one. You are too far away for me to come and get some of the problem fishes. These fishes are real enemies and they have almost no chance of accepting each other as the tank sits.

You might spend a few hundred more and get more live rock for them all to hide in, but otherwise I don't see an easy solution to trying to house those angry fishes in such a small tank. They need lebensraum.
HTH.

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can get an isolation box/tank divider if you want to keep them. Also as for the starfish standing up…it’s probably hungry/starving. Do you still have it? Sand sifters are hard to keep longterm even in large established tanks.

OP
OP
Jbertrand

Jbertrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can get an isolation box/tank divider if you want to keep them. Also as for the starfish standing up…it’s probably hungry/starving. Do you still have it? Sand sifters are hard to keep longterm even in large established tanks.
Yes I still have the starfish and I Target feed him I have Brock work within the tank that would prevent me from putting in a divider into the tank

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 11.0%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 44 27.0%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 78 47.9%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 12.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back