Help advice

Picklepentagramsforjesus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sand is pretty much entirely on the right side now any advice to make it stay down on the left side the power head is on the back Of glass facing towards screen fluval wavemaker t3 and the aquarium has a bowed front . what should I do wit the rocks to make it look better I have some more rocks that are very pretty textured so ima add them tomorrow thank you ps I put wood in my tank like a duma$$ and now I’m trying to remove the tannins with water changes I have removed all corals from tank and I’m letting it establish before I add anything hope your going good will post progress on scape in the future want it filled with different macro algaes and zoas with maby a hammer or bubble tip somwhe to but not for quite a while ☺️

6C469D9A-31CB-450D-9D77-860D74434CD4.png

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of those smaller rocks look like freshwater tank stuff.....are you sure they are safe for a reef tank? As far as the tannins I personally would just do a huge, close to 100% water change and start over, especially since you already removed all livestock.

OP
OP
Picklepentagramsforjesus

Picklepentagramsforjesus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of those smaller rocks look like freshwater tank stuff.....are you sure they are safe for a reef tank? As far as the tannins I personally would just do a huge, close to 100% water change and start over, especially since you already removed all livestock.
I’ve been doing as many water changes as I can the 10 or so buckets to half fill every other day it is kinda killing me I’m planning on tearing done this 55 gallon and going down to a 35 gallon will need to be careful to keep everything stable but when I stock I’m keeping it to a pair of ocalarise clowns zoas and macro algae in the display tank so I recon with testing 2-3times a week and Constant water changes it will run better and be more manageable the rocks are sandstone so I assumed the would be fine but will only put the dry rock I bought into my nice little one ,the tannins are from bits of root that is in the sand I’ve been trying to get all the little bits to no avail so I got some aquarium sand to eliminate that problem I’m not sure if it’s a good idea to move to a smaller tank but it’s the best way for me to actually be able to preform maintenance properly and consistently

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been doing as many water changes as I can the 10 or so buckets to half fill every other day it is kinda killing me I’m planning on tearing done this 55 gallon and going down to a 35 gallon will need to be careful to keep everything stable but when I stock I’m keeping it to a pair of ocalarise clowns zoas and macro algae in the display tank so I recon with testing 2-3times a week and Constant water changes it will run better and be more manageable the rocks are sandstone so I assumed the would be fine but will only put the dry rock I bought into my nice little one ,the tannins are from bits of root that is in the sand I’ve been trying to get all the little bits to no avail so I got some aquarium sand to eliminate that problem I’m not sure if it’s a good idea to move to a smaller tank but it’s the best way for me to actually be able to preform maintenance properly and consistently
Sounds like a good plan. I would avoid the sandstone.....could possibly leach unwanted nutrients into the water. Even if it doesn't, it isn't very porous for bacterial growth...there are much better options out there. I also read a couple of posts that stated that sandstone caused the water to take on the "tannin look". Don't know if that is true or not though.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back