help against AEFW

  • Thread starter Thread starter Peppe
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Screenshot_20180314-172439.png
Screenshot_20180314-172321.png
Screenshot_20180314-172235.png
Screenshot_20180314-172901.png
 
I would say any of the halichoeres Wrasses would do a number on flat worms among other things, I do not have personal experience with Acropora eating flatworms, but I had a Christmas Wrasse eradicate red flatworms and zoa eating nudibranches...
I will probably never set up a tank without a wrasse
 
Hate to said it but none of the fish will really work. None of the snake oils will work either.
At best it will only control the AEFW.
You will always hear about a few that it did work but you like me will try all of this.
good luck
 
Try some flatworm stop like jda said, use it for a long time. Let the corals heal and then decide what needs to be done. Dipping from the displayto rid them works perfectly fine if you know what your looking for.
You should be basting corals daily or as often as possible for a few months. This can keep them in check since all your colonies are small and easy to blow off. I still think it's possible to get rid of them this way but it would take a long time and is no sure bet to say the least.
 
I do not think that it is a bad idea to at least use some Flatworm stop to at least knock them back a whole bunch, let the corals heal and then start dipping. They can do quite a bit of damage to some corals and dipping ends being hard on them.
 
Are there any other recommendations regarding past experiences for eradication? Please chime in!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new