Help. All dropping. I don’t know where else to post

Gmac903

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted a question in Randy reef chemistry and no answers. Need some help. Where do I post questions here to get answers? 58E6DF38-7EC2-4CF2-9C34-11FDDCEDAF37.png

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the spike just before 7/6 coincide with a water change or a change in dosing?

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted a question in Randy reef chemistry and no answers. Need some help. Where do I post questions here to get answers? 58E6DF38-7EC2-4CF2-9C34-11FDDCEDAF37.png
The last thread you posted about this looks to have 3 pages already I have no read it yet but seems strange 3 page no answer or help

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The last thread you posted about this looks to have 3 pages already I have no read it yet but seems strange 3 page no answer or help
skimmed it .. lets just leave this be until @Gmac903 responds...go from there... :cool:

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am guessing this is a trident error either from regent issue or possibly clogging trident line. The drop could possibly be it getting back to the proper range slowly after this error. Have you tried to test alk with a different tester like Hanna? I just had to check mine last night due to alk going up and it turned out to be correct in my situation due to me forgetting to change co2 media and ph running lower for days. Anyways use another tester to double check

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The initial spike from 7.9 to 8.7 has to be a trident thing. What did you do that day to make this happen ? If nothing possibly you sucked something up I have had this happen to me. Then takes days to work itself out

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We need to know a little more about the system, are you actually dosing additives for alkalinity calcium etc., (if not they will drop) or is it just an error with Trident

OP
OP
G

Gmac903

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We need to know a little more about the system, are you actually dosing additives for alkalinity calcium etc., (if not they will drop) or is it just an error with Trident
Sorry Folks. I didnt have notifications set for my Post last night. I think i may have started more of a debate on that post than a answer to my issues. 120 gallon DT, 2 years old, LPS, nems and very small LPS. Verified params with hanna checker 7.4 dkh and 505 cal. Nitrate is high (20) Unable to keep macros alive in the sump even with Kessil H 380 (HELP or IDEAS?). Ph run 7.9-8.1 during the day with co2 medium changed monthly (4000 sq ft house.) We feed a cube of PE mysis a day and 1/4 sheet seaweed every other day to the tangs. But the tangs eat most of the mysis... IDK... I always heard if you make it to two years, you made it. This year has been the most difficult BY FAR. Aptasia, red slime, bubble algae. Sand bed (1-2 inches) has maintained clean without vacuum. I've heard not to vacuum it as it disrupts the micro fauna and such??? HELP. Anyone know anyone in Central Texas (South of DFW area) willing to help out a fellow new reefer?

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry Folks. I didnt have notifications set for my Post last night. I think i may have started more of a debate on that post than a answer to my issues. 120 gallon DT, 2 years old, LPS, nems and very small LPS. Verified params with hanna checker 7.4 dkh and 505 cal. Nitrate is high (20) Unable to keep macros alive in the sump even with Kessil H 380 (HELP or IDEAS?). Ph run 7.9-8.1 during the day with co2 medium changed monthly (4000 sq ft house.) We feed a cube of PE mysis a day and 1/4 sheet seaweed every other day to the tangs. But the tangs eat most of the mysis... IDK... I always heard if you make it to two years, you made it. This year has been the most difficult BY FAR. Aptasia, red slime, bubble algae. Sand bed (1-2 inches) has maintained clean without vacuum. I've heard not to vacuum it as it disrupts the micro fauna and such??? HELP. Anyone know anyone in Central Texas (South of DFW area) willing to help out a fellow new reefer?
You don’t mention what the phosphate level is (ideally less than 0.03) and also magnesium (this is vital for the chemistry to work, good target around 1350) but your other parameters are reasonably’ ‘ok’ for a 2 year old system. My large tank has nitrate at 25 and it thrives.

The other issues just need dealing with individually, and the red slime could be simply lack of flow to the affected areas, so try increasing it.

As far as the sand bed, I can’t see why you would want to clean it, it’s part of the ecosystem and I’ve never cleaned my sand bed in either tank and my S650 is now over 5 years old.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I wanna know is did you measure the alk on July 6th the day trident reads 8.7plus? What did it read at that point. Did Hanna read 8.7plus or 7,7?

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing helpful in the 3 pages of responses you received on the original post?

OP
OP
G

Gmac903

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I admit my newbie has been the cause of this post. My Housekeeper knocked of the Alk DOS line. I never considered to check that, My apologies. I have learned a **** ton about ALk and Cal in this thread. I appreciate all that have contributed. Alk and Cal is fixed. Balanced dosed. The entire time that the ALK line was disconnected, the calcium went up, but not at the level I would have expected. Randy Holmes Farley made it make sense! Thanks all for your help. Could you direct me in the right direction or thread to not melt (or turn white) my macro algae to help me get my Nitrate down? Thanks!

-Tex

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi glad all is well.., i'm guessing algae problems ,in forums would be best place,happy reefing... :cool:

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try tunze refugium light. It's pricey but has been great.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 46 53.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.3%
Back