HELP - Borbonius Anthias

reddington

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

New around here... I noticed what appear to be white spots on my Borbonius Anthias on the following locations: Right Fin (1 Spot). Top Fin (1 Spot). Back Fins (4+ Spots). Wondering if I should be worried or not. Is this potentially Ich starting? Please note, I recently cleaned the sand and had particles suspended. Any help or feedback is greatly appreciated.
1674529921242.png

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hello,

New around here... I noticed what appear to be white spots on my Borbonius Anthias on the following locations: Right Fin (1 Spot). Top Fin (1 Spot). Back Fins (4+ Spots). Wondering if I should be worried or not. Is this potentially Ich starting? Please note, I recently cleaned the sand and had particles suspended. Any help or feedback is greatly appreciated.
1674529921242.png
I see one dot on the body and have reason to believe its lymphocystis . Keep an eye on it and see if the dots have increased in the morning or have remained the same. IF lympho, would be viral and simply requires maintaining pristine water conditions and proper diet. This is not a flake and pellet diet type of fish.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

reddington

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see one dot on the body and have reason to believe its lymphocystis . Keep an eye on it and see if the dots have increased in the morning or have remained the same. IF lympho, would be viral and simply requires maintaining pristine water conditions and proper diet. This is not a flake and pellet diet type of fish.
Thank you for the response. Will be sure to keep an eye on it and monitor. As of now, the water is very pristine and diet consists soley of brine + mysis and fed twice per day. Thanks again!

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Thank you for the response. Will be sure to keep an eye on it and monitor. As of now, the water is very pristine and diet consists soley of brine + mysis and fed twice per day. Thanks again!
Add to diet-
LRS fish frenzy
Small plankton
Chopped krill

Upvote 0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

1674529921242.png

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

The spots on the caudal fin could be ich. The other spots are tough to see.
This is not in the correct location to by Lymphocystis
How long have you had the fish?
Did it go through any quarantine (and did the other fish)?
How long has it shown these spots?

The trick I use to tell ich from other random white spots (like damaged fin rays or mucus spots) is that the ich trophonts tend to drop off after 36 hours or so. If you see spots coming and going, changing in number and location every day or so, that is more likely ich. If the spots go away and don't return, then it was likely sand in the skin mucus. If the spots stay in the same location for 48+ hours, it isn't ich.

Jay

Upvote 0

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 42 32.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 34 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 27 20.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back