HELP!!!!! Breeding log?

scottedontknow

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 24, 2016
Messages
587
Reaction score
386
Location
Easton PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some idea from you hardcore breeders! How do you keep track of everything? Like date eggs are laid Vs when they will hatch plus keeping track of water changes and feeding! How do y’all keep it organized? I’ve been using a written log but Want do it all digitally, I think! HELP!
 
Kept my old school mixed with a little new skool.... Just phone notepad...gets the job done but I'm totally gonna checkout that app!! It is quite tedious but it's been effective so far!
 
best wishes ,i do old school pen and paper
 
what are you hatching ?
 
best wishes ,i do old school pen and paper
+1 I tried using the Aquarimate app but moved back to pen and paper. It is a nice interface and nice to see your parameters on charts and whatnot but ultimately found it too restrictive. I wanted to be able to make multiple entries per day and just found it easier to jot down random notes on paper.
 
what are you hatching ?
1) Frostbite w/ black ocellaris
2) Ocellaris w/ misbar ocellaris
3) Wyoming white w/ Wyoming white
4) Zombie w/ zombie
5) Mocha w/ mocha
6) MochaVinci w/ mochavinvi
7) Flurry w/ Flurry
*8) Hopfully soon naked ocellaris w/ naked ocellaris
 
A clownfish breeder I know used to just write on his tanks with marker. The date and time for certain things. He quit breeding but that is how he did it. It was handy cause every time he looked at that pair or that clutch or babies the info was right there.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new