Help bristletooth tang

Lavabrine ninja

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 6, 2021
Messages
193
Reaction score
51
Location
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bristletooth tang started laying on the sand bed then getting up a swimming and lay back down. He started doing this a hour ago its 10:40pm rn. Should I panic and what's wrong?

20210806_221754.jpg 20210806_222125.jpg
 
Unfortunately, when this behavior occurs, it’s a 50/50 shot of recovery
Can’t see entire body- has it been eating and is it thin?
How is its breathing? The buoyancy issue can stem from internal issue to poor diet
Offer additional oxygen via air stone and reduce white lighting intensity a little
 
Unfortunately, when this behavior occurs, it’s a 50/50 shot of recovery
Can’t see entire body- has it been eating and is it thin?
How is its breathing? The buoyancy issue can stem from internal issue to poor diet
Offer additional oxygen via air stone and reduce white lighting intensity a little
I just woke up and it's a swim bladder problem, hes been moved to a qt and yes hes been eating. Hes feed nori every other day with pellets. How would I fix a swim bladder problem?
 
I just woke up and it's a swim bladder problem, hes been moved to a qt and yes hes been eating. Hes feed nori every other day with pellets. How would I fix a swim bladder problem?
Swim bladder has air in it and needs to be released which takes time
You can massage area but it’s a 50/50 shot
 
He didn't make it found him dead in the qt :'(
Sorry to hear. Theyre great fish and peaceful. Like I stated. . . 50/50 with buoyancy issues. Can be air or infection
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new