OP
Sharkbait19

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a thorough cleaning and addition of carbon, the hammer is looking a lot better today!
C9F453D9-62F3-49E2-887C-D4EE96A891DD.jpeg

saltybees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely looking better, but like I pointed out on your other thread, the part that’s shaded is most definitely happier, I’d still recommend either moving it or turning down the whites if it doesn’t keep improving.

OP
OP
Sharkbait19

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely looking better, but like I pointed out on your other thread, the part that’s shaded is most definitely happier, I’d still recommend either moving it or turning down the whites if it doesn’t keep improving.
I moved it over slightly, just have to do it a little more. I may actually buy another rock to be an overhang.

OP
OP
Sharkbait19

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hammer coral died completely last night. It’s a shame because over the weekend I bought an overhang rock at the lfs. Now I’ll have to find some other use for it (maybe a mount for some other lps frags so the pistol shrimp will stop trying to steal them).

ssunthar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hammer coral died completely last night. It’s a shame because over the weekend I bought an overhang rock at the lfs. Now I’ll have to find some other use for it (maybe a mount for some other lps frags so the pistol shrimp will stop trying to steal them).

Very sorry to hear that... just wondering how did you prevented BJD from infecting your other corals? Did you used any medications?

Thanks.

OP
OP
Sharkbait19

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Very sorry to hear that... just wondering how did you prevented BJD from infecting your other corals? Did you used any medications?

Thanks.
I haven’t used any medications, but the only way I’ve kept the disease from spreading rapidly is removing infected corals quickly. I have lost a torch coral and trumpet to BJD since this thread, unfortunately. However, both underwent stressful conditions that lowered their immune systems. As long as you keep other corals happy and healthy, there should be low risk of infection, at least in my experience.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 85 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%
Back