Help. BTA withdrawn..

  • Thread starter Thread starter TroyClark
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TroyClark

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 20, 2018
Messages
227
Reaction score
123
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I hoped someone could offer some insight. I bought a new rubber squeegee today for cleaning the inside glass on my 55 gallon tank. Tank houses a large BTA, pair of oscellaris clowns, 5-7 hermit crabs, an emerald crab and a coral banded shrimp. After using the new squeegee in the tank for about 30 seconds. I noticed the tag I tore off the new squeegee said it was infused with Microban technology for antimicrobial purposes. My BTA occasionally withdraws into its self if I disturb it while cleaning or something like that but is good by morning. I feed twice as week with a cut up shrimp. It might just be coincidence but the nem is now withdrawn but otherwise looks good. No color loss and the tentacles don't seem to be deflated, just closed up.

Could the 30 seconds caused this closing up in such a short amount of time or am I just being paranoid? Should I do a large water change?

Thanks

Troy
 
Hello all,

I hoped someone could offer some insight. I bought a new rubber squeegee today for cleaning the inside glass on my 55 gallon tank. Tank houses a large BTA, pair of oscellaris clowns, 5-7 hermit crabs, an emerald crab and a coral banded shrimp. After using the new squeegee in the tank for about 30 seconds. I noticed the tag I tore off the new squeegee said it was infused with Microban technology for antimicrobial purposes. My BTA occasionally withdraws into its self if I disturb it while cleaning or something like that but is good by morning. I feed twice as week with a cut up shrimp. It might just be coincidence but the nem is now withdrawn but otherwise looks good. No color loss and the tentacles don't seem to be deflated, just closed up.

Could the 30 seconds caused this closing up in such a short amount of time or am I just being paranoid? Should I do a large water change?

Thanks

Troy
I probably wouldn't use a Microban product in my tank. Just do a few quick water changes and you should be fine.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 35.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 15.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new