Help carrying for new pico tank

cbs49er

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 3, 2021
Messages
42
Reaction score
42
Location
los angeles
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I currently run an IM 25g lagoon but I ended up winning this 5g aquatop. I took some live rock out of my other tank and dropped some food to cycle this tank for over a month. I finally put some Xenia and rock with mushrooms in it. Not sure if I’m going to add a fish but I think this will be a softie tank. I’d just like some tips on caring for such a small tank such as water changes, feeding coral, and so on. Thx
IMG_1635.jpeg
IMG_1634.jpeg
 
My first and only tank is a 13 gallon nano, and in a nano tank water changes are by far your best friend. I like to do larger water changes close to 50% because I have a pretty hefty bioload and just getting that reset is nice. Other than that I use a thick floss and chemo pure blue to keep the water polished.

In regards to feeding corals I feed a very small amount of reef roids once a week (usually before my water change) because they make the water really nasty in my tank. Feed corals a few hours to a day before you do a water change, that way the corals have time to absorb the food and process it, then suck all that excess gross water out and you’re set!

Good luck with the tank I hope this helps
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new