Help carrying for new pico tank

cbs49er

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I currently run an IM 25g lagoon but I ended up winning this 5g aquatop. I took some live rock out of my other tank and dropped some food to cycle this tank for over a month. I finally put some Xenia and rock with mushrooms in it. Not sure if I’m going to add a fish but I think this will be a softie tank. I’d just like some tips on caring for such a small tank such as water changes, feeding coral, and so on. Thx
IMG_1635.jpeg
IMG_1634.jpeg

_cpate3_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first and only tank is a 13 gallon nano, and in a nano tank water changes are by far your best friend. I like to do larger water changes close to 50% because I have a pretty hefty bioload and just getting that reset is nice. Other than that I use a thick floss and chemo pure blue to keep the water polished.

In regards to feeding corals I feed a very small amount of reef roids once a week (usually before my water change) because they make the water really nasty in my tank. Feed corals a few hours to a day before you do a water change, that way the corals have time to absorb the food and process it, then suck all that excess gross water out and you’re set!

Good luck with the tank I hope this helps

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.9%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 89 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 55 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back