Help Choosing Lighting for 60 G Cube Reef (Soft + LPS)

brandonlock

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 14, 2023
Messages
9
Reaction score
5
Location
muldrow
What state or country do you live in
Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I need help picking a light for my 60g cube reef (24×24×24). Right now I have one AI Prime 16HD, but it doesn’t seem strong enough and my corals aren’t growing as I’d like.


Tank setup:

Soft corals + some LPS
2 unknown clowns + 2 maroon clowns
1 cardinal fish

I have a 12-gallon BioCube with saltwater and live rock, and I plan to set the AI Prime back up on this tank, with the intention of adding coral in the future.

I’m considering a VIPARSPECTRA 165W LED for the 60g cube, but I’m not sure:

Will one light be enough for the tank?
Should I get two, or a different fixture?
What lights have you had the most success with on a 60g cube without spending too much?

Thanks for any advice
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new