Help Deciding on ATO

  • Thread starter Thread starter Vinh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I have the Tunze 3152 (believe that is the number, nano with float sensor only). It is on a rimmed 36 gallon bow front. I just measured and the highest I can get the water level is 1" from the bottom of the rim. The water level stays exactly at the bottom of the trim.

You said the highest you can get the water level is 1 inch from bottom of the rim but then you go on to say the water stays at the bottom of the rim. Can you clarify?
 
You said the highest you can get the water level is 1 inch from bottom of the rim but then you go on to say the water stays at the bottom of the rim. Can you clarify?

I am calling the rim the part the sticks out and would hold a lid on the tank, it is part of the trim on the top.

The trim is the part that goes around the top of the tank and is about 1 3/8" tall on my tank.

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1449973091.972144.jpg


So in this picture you can see the top of the sensor is as high as it can go in the tank and setting against the rim. The water level is about an inch below the rim and at the bottom of the trim ( you can just see the water level when looking from the front, water is where the trim and glass meet)

So what I was trying to say is that the water level will be 1" below the top of the sensor.
 
Makes sense thank you!

My 10 gallon trim is only 1 inch so it probably means it will be 3/8" - 1/2" below the trim. Not where I like it but it's not horrible.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new