Help filtering 60 cube

ohio reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may be picking up a rimless deep blue aquarium soon and it is reef ready and drilled. This will be a zoa only tank and don't want to run a sump or wet dry on this tank. I'm putting bulk heads on the over flow. I wanted some ideas on how to filter this tank, I don't want a ugly hang on the back filter on this tank. Any ideas?

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
About the only other type you can use is a canister underneath. Honestly, I would never run any type of salt tank without a sump. They are just miles above any other type of filtration.

I have a Deep Blue 60 cube.

OP
OP
ohio reefer

ohio reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About the only other type you can use is a canister underneath. Honestly, I would never run any type of salt tank without a sump. They are just miles above any other type of filtration.

I have a Deep Blue 60 cube.

The main reason I don't set up a sump is because I'm completely clueless on how to set one up.

Aqua fire/medic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sumps are simple..... If you are that worried about it just get a pre-made sump from eshopps or one of the many other vendors. Ask your local club for help also. You will be amazed at the wonderful ppl you will meet :) GL.

Ps. I have this same tank as well :)

OP
OP
ohio reefer

ohio reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to use a 10 gallon sump and just use it as a source of filtration. Basically I want water to go down into it and be pumped back up. I have a hob skimmer I'm using. I just need filtration and some where for my heater. How would I do this? The tank comes with the plumbing kit. What do I hook up to make this happen?

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Especially if it is already drilled like you said it is. Should be straight forward. We can help you friend.

OP
OP
ohio reefer

ohio reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Especially if it is already drilled like you said it is. Should be straight forward. We can help you friend.

Thanks! It has two drill holes on the bottom of the tank in the overflow. Would I just need a return pump, 10 gallon tank, and the drainage tube to run this sump?

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Pretty much yes. If you want it to be very simple, that is about all you need. If course you will want a way to add some type of filter media to the 10 gallon, which isn't hard at all. If you would like to see pics of mine, just let me know.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 16 16.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 67 67.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.1%
Back