Help finding Cool packs for shipping?

  • Thread starter Thread starter its fry
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Depending on the price of fish food at your lfs, you could always use those ;)
 
You can also go to Wal-Mart and get the small ice packs in the coolers section. One Koi farm shipped me fish with a Rubbermaid brand ice pack that you can find there.
 
your LFS should have a surplus of them from the shipments they recieve, im sure they would give/sell for cheap. We usually just throw ours away.
 
The cheapest I have found so far is Capri-Sun.....Flattened out put them in the freezer till solid and wrap then ship....I have done it many times and have been told they arrive ice cold still.....Plus who ever you send to has a drink while they acclimate.
 
1/2 cup water added to plastic shipping bag and tossed in the freezer works great.
 
The cheapest I have found so far is Capri-Sun.....Flattened out put them in the freezer till solid and wrap then ship....I have done it many times and have been told they arrive ice cold still.....Plus who ever you send to has a drink while they acclimate.

Good idea, I might have to try that - the free drink is too funny!
 
The high sugar content make it thaw a bit slower then just plain water, as it thaws it turns to slush first then back into watery liquid.....That is about all I use now for like $3 you get 12 packs in a box.....
 
The high sugar content make it thaw a bit slower then just plain water, as it thaws it turns to slush first then back into watery liquid.....That is about all I use now for like $3 you get 12 packs in a box.....


Awesome.
Thank you. :bigsmile:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 53 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new