HELP! Fish Fighting?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nemonic
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Nemonic

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 10, 2023
Messages
28
Reaction score
6
Location
Las Vegas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I added my first red FireFish about a week ago, I decided to add a Royal Gramma, because I thought they were peaceful fish? but when I was acclimating him on the side of my tank and my firefish came up to just look at him and then the RG JUMPED INTO THE TANK FROM MY ACCLIMATION CONTAINER and chased my firefish to jump out the tank, thankfully I was there so I added him back in and they both darted into the rocks and I haven't seen them since.

Is this normal behavior?? Are they not compatible fish? The Firefish is almost twice the size of the RG
 
Hello, I added my first red FireFish about a week ago, I decided to add a Royal Gramma, because I thought they were peaceful fish? but when I was acclimating him on the side of my tank and my firefish came up to just look at him and then the RG JUMPED INTO THE TANK FROM MY ACCLIMATION CONTAINER and chased my firefish to jump out the tank, thankfully I was there so I added him back in and they both darted into the rocks and I haven't seen them since.

Is this normal behavior?? Are they not compatible fish? The Firefish is almost twice the size of the RG
They can be fine together in a big enough tank.

How big is your tank?
 
Similar looking fish can lead to aggression. I use a mirror on my tank when introducing new fish because the Royal Gramma is territorial.
 
The coloration is too similar, they get confused and think it is competition.
 
25 Gallon Long, The Firefish has came out but the RG is still in the rocks somewhere or who knows.
Yea the Royal Gramma will claim a big chunk of that space as its territory.

Basslets claim a chunk of the tank and can be territorial
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new