Help Fox flame stn

ReefAddict16

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 14, 2017
Messages
607
Reaction score
248
Location
Southern Ca
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What can I do stop it? Will it stop on it’s own or keep dying.
c836f129528f384e1c3066c8bd2400a5.jpg
 
Will chipping away the dead parts stop it? Or should I just clip the plug from the base?
 
Mine seems to be really sensitive to alk swings. Mine had the same thing at the base and lost the color in the tips. Stability stopped it and it is coming back on own.

Same source of the problem or are you unsure?
 
You are talking about on the encrusting rim? If so, then those almost look like something is nibbling on it a bit. This can also happen with alk swing, or moving building blocks too fast (GFO, organic carbon, etc.).

I would just observe for now. Healing is a good thing. Nothing different is good too. If they spread or get larger, then it might be time to pop that frag plug off and leave a lot of that encrust behind.
 
I did a water change yesterday so possibly had an alk swing.
I ended up fragging it when I probably should’ve waited.
 
How big of an alk swing would cause that?
 
Mine will do that with a .5 -1.0 alk swing depending on nutrient ievels at the time. I also had my encrusting base die back on low nutrient.

28E02E95-AF5B-4604-B2FF-41F211798AE4.jpeg
 
I honestly didn’t have a big one. Probably less than .5. My nutrients around 20ppm and alk is around 8. So I’m leaning towards that.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new