Help Goniopora not looking good

ATCReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had this coral about 5 ish months has been extended and looked good. Two days ago noticed polyps are short and hasn’t seemed to extend much. Any info would help.

tank is just over 2 years
Dkh 8.8
Cal 435
PO4 .07
Nitrate 6
Mag 140
Ph 8.12
Temp 78
Orp 401
Salinity 1.025
Par roughly 135-155

151D9193-032C-47E0-B50F-C20A592CE81A.jpeg

acesfull44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any recent changes in lighting, flow, feeding regimend, etc? Aptasia by it is certainly a possibility and could be irritating it. Also a snail or fish brushing against it. Sometimes mine shrivel up only to come back a day or two later. I would keep an eye on it for the next few days.

OP
OP
ATCReefer

ATCReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any recent changes in lighting, flow, feeding regimend, etc? Aptasia by it is certainly a possibility and could be irritating it. Also a snail or fish brushing against it. Sometimes mine shrivel up only to come back a day or two later. I would keep an eye on it for the next few days.
I cleaned my gyres and all seems to be happy now thank you

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
My Goni done something similar. I direct feed and fed Reef Chili last week, started sulking a few days later. Fed it Reef Roids yesterday and it's fully extended today. Don't know if that had anything to do with it but they are like toddler sometimes.

OP
OP
ATCReefer

ATCReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Goni done something similar. I direct feed and fed Reef Chili last week, started sulking a few days later. Fed it Reef Roids yesterday and it's fully extended today. Don't know if that had anything to do with it but they are like toddler sometimes.
Interesting as I had fed reef chili as well before it started sulking, but it’s been getting that for months so maybe it’s not a fan now

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back