Help! Got a pair of clownfish, one is stuck at the top of the tank and is always sideways. Not sure what to do.

OP
OP
Soey

Soey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like hierarchy and will take a couple of days once separated.
That fish- is its poop normal or white?
The fish's poop is normal from what I see. I put the bigger fish in an isolation tank. However, the smaller one has still not eaten yet, despite the bigger one being gone.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
The fish's poop is normal from what I see. I put the bigger fish in an isolation tank. However, the smaller one has still not eaten yet, despite the bigger one being gone.
Try live or frozen brine shrimp

OP
OP
Soey

Soey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like hierarchy and will take a couple of days once separated.
That fish- is its poop normal or white?
Hi! I had them separated for a couple days, but put them back together this morning. I have been feeding them mysis and brine shrimp. They are both eating for the most part, but now they are fighting and the smaller one has white stringy poo. They are both eating, but the smaller one is eating alot less.
I have seen them visibly fight 3 times in the past hour of them being together...

Here is a vid of the fish's poo. https://www.youtube.com/shorts/KLT_NbX0oJE

Thank you for your help!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hi! I had them separated for a couple days, but put them back together this morning. I have been feeding them mysis and brine shrimp. They are both eating for the most part, but now they are fighting and the smaller one has white stringy poo. They are both eating, but the smaller one is eating alot less.
I have seen them visibly fight 3 times in the past hour of them being together...

Here is a vid of the fish's poo. https://www.youtube.com/shorts/KLT_NbX0oJE

Thank you for your help!
The stringy poop likely from mysis which mimics internal parasite and as suspected, dominant female. Separation needs to be 10-14 days

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back