Help Hanging Maxspect Jump Blue 260 Light

SeaHorseQueen

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 18, 2022
Messages
442
Reaction score
192
Location
Fort Wayne
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I accidently bought the hanging kit form BRS for the 230 but thought it was compatible with 260. Well, I have a way to hang the light with the help of my dad building a wooden brace to hand above the tank. It's not pretty but it's functional and tank is holding it just fine. The trouble I'm having is I can hand half of it. There's 4 special screws that go into the top. I can hang two of them on the back but not the front for an even hang. The tank is rimmed so using the arm isn't possible. Does anyone have a suggestion to get this hung? If this was catty-corner, I think it'd work but I can only make the back two screws work.

Has anyone seen something like this at a hardware store? I'm heading there today to see if there's a possibility, I'm not sure how else to make it work.
 
I accidently bought the hanging kit form BRS for the 230 but thought it was compatible with 260. Well, I have a way to hang the light with the help of my dad building a wooden brace to hand above the tank. It's not pretty but it's functional and tank is holding it just fine. The trouble I'm having is I can hand half of it. There's 4 special screws that go into the top. I can hang two of them on the back but not the front for an even hang. The tank is rimmed so using the arm isn't possible. Does anyone have a suggestion to get this hung? If this was catty-corner, I think it'd work but I can only make the back two screws work.

Has anyone seen something like this at a hardware store? I'm heading there today to see if there's a possibility, I'm not sure how else to make it work.
Can you post an image of the light fixture suspension situation? Lots of folks hanging around looking to comment on the opportunity to hang with you!

Hanging Hang Out GIF by BBC America
 
Can you post an image of the light fixture suspension situation? Lots of folks hanging around looking to comment on the opportunity to hang with you!

Hanging Hang Out GIF by BBC America
Yes, I had to leave suddenly so I forgot to attach the pictures. I’ll upload them when I get home.
 
Sorry for the delay! It’s been a day.

Ok, so this is the before so you can see how it looks before I add half the hanging kit.
IMG_9959.jpeg


This is what it looks like with it on the back.




IMG_9961.jpeg

The black screw is what normally goes in there.

IMG_9963.jpeg


This what I’m having trouble with. The front screws are slightly too small because it’s meant for a 230 model. I’m half tempted to glue it, but if I need to change the fan then I’d be in trouble. The fan doesn’t even work half the time so I’m not sure if it’s worth the trouble changing it.

IMG_9962.jpeg
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new