Help! I think I have something invasive!

cuylerhanna

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 20, 2025
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
Chagrin Falls, OH
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell me what is going on here? It appears to be some kind of furry-looking encruster that hitchhiked a ride. I took the best pictures I could, but there is a lot of coralline algae growing underneath, and I'm kind of color blind, so it's hard to tell what color it is. It appears to have taken over part of that acro's skeleton. What should i do?
IMG_7504.jpg
IMG_7501.jpg
IMG_7502.jpg
IMG_7503.jpg
 
Can anyone tell me what is going on here? It appears to be some kind of furry-looking encruster that hitchhiked a ride. I took the best pictures I could, but there is a lot of coralline algae growing underneath, and I'm kind of color blind, so it's hard to tell what color it is. It appears to have taken over part of that acro's skeleton. What should i do?
IMG_7504.jpg
IMG_7501.jpg
IMG_7502.jpg
IMG_7503.jpg
These are the pesty colonial hydroids and as long as they have a food source will continue to spread. Scrubbing them off is an option but you have coral present. Dipping rock in Peroxide is only other safe option as fenbendazole may be too harsh although effective
 
Upvote 0
Zanclea hydroids the only thing it worked for me was a banded shrimp. I’ve made two Febenzadol treatments and they still returned some time after.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new