Help ID Florida Hitchhiking SPS?

  • Thread starter Thread starter VR28man
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

VR28man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 16, 2017
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
1,039
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This encrusting SPS came on aquacultured live rock from KP aquatics. I thought at first it was Porites braneri, but now that I've seen its polyps extend fully, its polyps are waay longer than any Porites I've known (though admittedly i've only seen the indo-pacific ones)

On top is dead sections of the colony, bottom is live sections.
FEFC037D-471D-4055-B02D-8A9840F47984.jpeg

BBA51810-8BA0-45E3-A315-9862FAE4AF56.jpeg


Fully extended polyps:

 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new