Help Id on this sps coral please !

I never finish anythi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 11, 2022
Messages
2,135
Reaction score
5,599
Location
Wales (United Kingdom)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone able to give me a id on this coral please .

Thanks in advance.

IMG_20240830_182624.jpg
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20240901_012056_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240901_012056_Chrome.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 41
If it’s lps it’s alveopora, 12 points per polyp

But very possible it’s montipora also
E25A4C49-23C7-4F59-BC98-9B37E7E47F40.jpeg
2E6B9621-F7BB-4D96-831F-66937F2C7E7B.jpeg
It most probably is a montipora then . Just the polyp looks bigger than all the pictures I've seen . It was sold as a Monti so it's highly likely is .
Thanks for taking the time to reply .
 
Looks like plating monti to me. He is a picture of mine for comparison but pic is not great.
 

Attachments

  • 20240901_090606.jpg
    20240901_090606.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 35
IMG_1117.jpeg

I picked it up out of the tank and it’s mad so it’s not extending as much as it typically does but the picture the OP showed looks like this astreopora to me.
IMG_1118.png
Might actually be this . Looks very similar. I can't actually tell the difference tbh .
 
Between this and the montipora digitata.
The size of the polyps is different. The monti has teeny tiny polyps. Less than 1 mm. The astreopora polyps are about 2 mm in diameter.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new